Taking the trip of a lifetime this summer? Will you be visiting the exotic beaches of Tahiti, indulging in the Italian meals only your dreams could imagine, or will you be going on safari in Africa? No matter where you’re going this summer, you’ve undoubtedly worked hard to earn this vacation and planning this dream trip may have taken months. Make sure you come home with the photos to prove how amazing your trip truly was – this doesn’t mean carrying around a huge DSLR camera. Your iPhone device and a few well-chosen accessories are all you need.
Some research has helped us narrow down the essential accessories for taking the very best vacation photos on your iPhone device.
- DJI Osmo 2 stabilizer offers unbelievable stabilization for hand-held shots (no more blurry photos), a joystick for tilting and panning like a pro and controls for zooming and capturing photos. The price has come down significantly from the original DJI Osmo.
- Joby Gorillapod is lightweight and allows you to attach your phone to railings and other unique items in your surroundings for memorable shots that are steady.
- Add-on lenses provide choices including macro and wide-angle options not otherwise available when using an iPhone device. Aukey has a phone lens kit that allows you to clip the lenses on to your phone easily. The Moment New Telephoto lens, a popular choice, requires a phone case that allows you to use the Moment mount.
- Yoozon selfie stick doubles as a tripod and has a remote. Affordable and versatile, you would be surprised to see some of the amazing photos taken using selfie sticks. Though not seen as very professional, selfie sticks allow you to see high above crowds and other landmarks.
- Xuma mobile LED light brings a few mounting options for added versatility. This is a great option in low-light situations, especially when shooting a video.
- USB battery packs have become a pretty common sight today. A battery pack will not improve the quality of your photos but it will allow you to continue taking photos when your phone is dead. Packing one or two of these is definitely a good idea.
Need help deciding which accessories to purchase for taking the best possible vacation photos? Or, do you need help setting up your phone so that it automatically saves a backup of your photos on the Cloud® service? Don’t lug that huge DSLR around on your next trip when there are so many ways to maximize getting really nice shots. Either way, pop in your local Experimac store today and talk to one of our dedicated experts.