Investing in a certified pre-owned Apple computer or laptop from Experimac is smart for many reasons. Here are the top 5 reasons we consider it to be a wise investment and would recommend it over a new PC.
- Reliability: Mac® computers come with software designed solely for a Mac computer. Many PC computers come with software developed for a generic PC computer. Seeing that there are hundreds of PC models available, that software was not made specifically for the computer you purchased. This usually means problems down the road as software cannot be updated nearly as frequently, and should you have a problem, customer care cannot be as specific or thorough as that of Apple Inc. Certified pre-owned Mac computers have been thoroughly examined and are assured to be in excellent working condition, meaning that though they are pre-owned, they will work just fine.
- Strength against malware: Buying a certified pre-owned Apple computer is, by far, safer than buying a new PC. Why? PC computers are more vulnerable to malware and viruses. PC computers can be made by a variety of companies, but only one company make Apple computers. With multiple manufacturers, PC computers don’t follow one operating system, and the discrepancies from the varied makes and models poses a threat to your computer’s safety. Apple® computers all use one operating system that is not only famous for its resistance to malware but is also frequently updated and improved.
- User-friendly: Apple computers are one of the most user-friendly devices available on the market. They are designed to be as direct and streamlined as possible. Another reason they are easy to use is their ability to connect to the ever-popular iPhone® device and iPad® tablet. Many tech-savvy individuals already own iPhone devices or iPad tablets; Apple computers can connect to those devices thanks to the new HandOff® feature from Apple Inc.
- Price: Though Apple computers can cost more at face-value than some PC computers, keep the following in mind. Apple computers usually come with more features than their PC “competition”. If you were to find a new PC with the same or equivalent features as a pre-owned Mac computer, you will find that the Mac computer is the same price, if not slightly cheaper. Another thing to consider when looking at price is the fact that Apple computers are considered a premium product; they come with a stable operating system that, as stated before, is frequently updated, and they are incredibly user-friendly. If you choose to purchase a certified pre-owned Mac computer, it will likely be worth more than many new PC computers.
- Re-Sale Value: Consider that you may not always want the computer you are purchasing now, you may want to upgrade in a few years. That being said, Mac computers retain their value much better and for much longer than PC computers. This means that the certified pre-owned Mac computer you purchase today will most likely be worth more down the road than a new PC.
If you are in the market for a certified pre-owned MacBook® laptop or Mac computer, stop by your local Experimac store and take a look at our inventory. You’ll be able to see and touch the device you are interested in purchasing. Our experienced staff will be able to answer any questions you may have about the device and help you make the right choice for you and your budget.