Did you know that National Dog Day is on August 26th?
Celebrate your beloved dog this year by incorporating fun and helpful apps that are designed to improve all aspects of your dog's life. Take a look at our top 10 app picks for dog lovers!
- Perfect Dog Considering getting a dog but don't know what breed will fit your lifestyle? Check out Perfect Dog. This app has features that will help you sort through 340 different breeds based on activity level, grooming, living space and other important features. There is a free version of this app, but there are also in-app purchases.
- Pooch – Your Personal Dog Trainer Training your dog should be a fun and bonding experience for you and your furry friend. This free app teaches you how to reinforce good behavior and provides instructions along the way. Learn how to teach your dog commands and tricks, and track your dog's progress throughout the process. You can also track their weight and feeding schedule.
- PetCoach Get connected to licensed vets and trainers for free any time of day or night with PetCoach. You can ask about symptoms, nutrition, or advice on any emergency. If you find a professional you and your pet really connect well with, you can even schedule an appointment with that particular vet or trainer.
- Dog Walk – Track Your Dog's Daily Walks Do you enjoy going for walks, jogs or runs with your dog? Then you need to take a look at this app. Keep track of where you are, how long your walk has been, and even keep track of where your dog likes to relieve themselves. This free app can be easily used on your phone or Apple Watch® device.
- Walk for a Dog This app will donate funds to the animal rescue organization of your choice when you walk your dog. The amount of the donation depends on how many people actively walk for your chosen organization. You can view past walks and even post to social media to inspire others to join in.
- Companion Keep yourself safe wherever you walk, or with whomever you walk with, by using this free app. This apps tracks where you are and can send notifications to loved ones if you don't feel safe. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, the closest dispatcher will send police in two taps of your device.
- Wag Need a dog walker, sitter or overnight boarding? No problem! Install Wag, and you'll always have access to walkers and sitters, as well as text updates, GPS tracking, pee/poo notifications, and photo report cards. Their walkers and sitters are thoroughly tested on dog handling and all services are insured.
- Pet First Aid American Red Cross Is your dog or cat demonstrating weird symptoms? Having a place to turn to if your dog or cat suffers from injuries or illnesses is a good plan of action. Check symptoms for emergency situations your dog or cat may encounter. Learn about warning signs and first aid steps from your smart device, and even locate the closest emergency animal hospital.
- Whistle This free wellness-monitoring app is a great way of keeping track of your dog's health and happiness. Pinpoint your dog's location and heartrate, and create wellness goals for your pet. You can add other members of your family or even a dog sitter to your dog's profile, ensuring everyone is aware of your dog's needs.
- BarkCam This fun and free app makes taking pictures of your dog easy for both of you by playing sounds to catch your dog's attention while you snap the perfect picture. This app also has fun filters, stickers and quotes you can add to your dog's perfect selfies.
Dogs are our loyal companions, man's best friend. At Experimac, we know how much you rely on your devices, so if you've run into issues downloading all of these great apps, stop by your local Experimac store today. We'll help you troubleshoot your device's issues, explain our trade-in process, or show you all of our certified pre-owned inventory.